A blog for those who are bad with money. A blog for those who have debt. A blog for those who find their bills crumbled on the floor of their cars with ketchup smeared on them.

This Panic, Is Why


Whenever I get my hands on money, I let it slip through my fingers. No more excuses, and this is why. 

This panic, rock-hard in my chest. 

My renters called. There's a leak in the house. A pipe leak. I'm 3,000 miles away. I'm $300 in the bank. I called a plumber, but if they call me back and say anything more than 300, I literally don't know what I'm going to do. I can't pay in tears. 

Why do I forget this panic so easily, as soon as I have some money? This is an emergency, without an emergency fund. I looked up my credit card, and I have $44 worth of space. I tried to increase my credit limit, putting in the annual income of my new job. $50,000. 

$50,000. More than I've ever made in my life. A number that already has me saying, I have money, I'm fine. I will have money, if I'm careful. If I don't do what I've always done. Already a month and a half of my new income is owed to others. I'm already dreaming of new clothes, nice meals, nice things in my new apartment, when I have Christmas travel coming up and a lot of saving to do.

I need to remember my dream I'm having right now, of not having this heavy rock weighing me down. The dream of the comfort of living within my means. Remember, for the love, remember.

1 comments:

Jeri said...

I can tell you how good it feels to live comfortably without debt weighing on your mind, but I'd like you to know that feeling for yourself. It really doesn't matter how much you make, if it is spent wisely. First prioriy with that great income you now have is Fund Your Savings, before you do or buy anything else. Things are nice but how important are they in the long run? Isn't peace of mind better? What a great feeling it is to know you are able to meet your financial obligations. It really is worth it, and you can do it if you put less value on "things" that you only think you need to be happy. I am challenging you to wait and save for the clothes,
meals and pretty things you WANT for your new apartment. All in good time. I love you.

Post a Comment