A blog for those who are bad with money. A blog for those who have debt. A blog for those who find their bills crumbled on the floor of their cars with ketchup smeared on them.

Crisis Mode, How to Change Apartments and Jobs


I've had all week off as the owners of my wine bar got married in a lavish, beautiful, 3-day wedding. As always after a vacation, I feel a panic. I have no idea how the next month is going to work. As usual during these panic situations, I've had my head in the sand, acting like everything is ok.

Looking back, I realize I spent about $200 on just clothes and jewelry for this wedding. Yipes.

I'm moving into this apartment and my boyfriend is already going to have to front the first, last and deposit. Then we owe rent again on the first. My next paycheck is probably going to be about $40 with all this time off. I start my new job on the 21st, but I probably won't get paid for that until God knows when. It's my sister's birthday, and once again, I can't really afford to get a gift for someone I love.

What to do? My thoughts turn to the bank of Mom.

This is what I need to replace with an emergency fund. Instead of running to my mom, I need my own cash flow to grease the wheels of life's changes. I'm just waiting to ask her. She won't say no, but what if she did? I'd be f'ed.

1 comments:

Jeri said...

It is too easy to live above our means in this society. I'm not so sure borrowing against tomorrow or dipping into the Bank of mom is the way to go in the long run. A heartfelt card is a lovely gift for someone you love, especially if you have to borrow or beg $ for a gift. I didn't realize these things so much when I was your age. Emergency fund or Bust!!!

Post a Comment