A blog for those who are bad with money. A blog for those who have debt. A blog for those who find their bills crumbled on the floor of their cars with ketchup smeared on them.

Holy Crap, I got a job (And the Books that Helped Me Get Hired)


After dozens of cover letters, after all the different versions of my resume, after all the Craigslist hunting, I actually got a job. I've been looking for 5 months.

In my desperation, I got cheesy. I went to the library, found out what color my parachute was, checked out all the career books. They gave me hope.

How I finally got my job was through a staffing agency. But these books gave me the knowledge to hone in my search and do it right...after doing it wrong for a long time.

The Overnight Resume: Great tips on getting your resume to look better than everyone else's.

The Six Reasons You'll Get the Job: A great book to help you view yourself from the employer's eye.
The Next-Day Job Interview: I felt so much more confident in the interview after reviewing this book not just the night before, but for three days. I felt like a rock star and hence rocked the interview.

The best part was returning them all to the library after I didn't need them anymore.

1 comments:

Jeri said...

Nice work, you did it.

Post a Comment