A blog for those who are bad with money. A blog for those who have debt. A blog for those who find their bills crumbled on the floor of their cars with ketchup smeared on them.

Running Wild in Hopelessness...Time to Rein Myself in


Ok, I can feel myself falling apart. Here you are self, falling off the wagon. Stop it. 

I just went back and totaled up from my Twitter feed all the unnecessary purchases: $101.51. Damn.

I get a little more cash than usual in my tip envelope at work, and it starts. $40! $40 is all it takes to set me wild. All week it's been a drink here, drink there. Food at work. Just one drink after work. I wanted lunch one day and instead of going out I went to the grocery store...only to get sushi for $10 there that ended up tasting like crap. 

I feel something else too: Hopeless. I don't know how the next month, the next year are going to work out. It's hard to resist getting a coke for $2.25 when I owe $145,000 on a house that's worth $100,000, and even if I short sell it I could owe $11,000 in taxes on this "investment" property. I'm trying to move into a place that's going to be $2,000 to move in to, and I can barely pay a $149 doctor bill right now. My wine bar is going to be closed for a full week in September, meaning I'm going to have another $250 paycheck right when I need money the most. 

There it is, that welling behind the eyes. I want to cry, bury my head in the dirt and just wing it for the next month. I know where this is going...to NSF charges and a crying phone call to my mom. Well, she can't save me anymore. I have to grow up. I have to realize that this is all math, dammit. Money is not a slippery snake I can't hold on to. A dollar is a dollar and this week they added up to $100 gone for little to no reason. Fuck it if my house investment failed. That will turn out how it turns out. What's true right now is that I can't afford to drink coke at work. I can't afford to drink a glass of wine after my shift. I can't afford to meet up with my boyfriend every time he's out. Now, self, start acting like it.

1 comments:

Jeri said...

Forget about the house. What will be, will be. Just keep moving forward using your common sense and your learning experiences as your guide. I'm rooting for you!

Post a Comment