I thought I was prepared for yesterday's music festival. We had a spot nearby to drop off snacks and drinks, so that we wouldn't have to pay food stand and bar prices. So I made ants on a log to use up all my celery. I overpaid at a convenience store for 24 ounces of raisins and aluminum foil ($11.98 for both!) but oh well.
Then our place fell through, and we just had to go. "Oh well," I say. Because inside, I want those fancy drinks and those awesome food stand hamburgers.
Suddenly, I realize I'm spending money left and right. I realize I have no plan. I have no budget. I have no idea how much cash is in my wallet, crumpled into several little groups of bills. I buy drinks, I buy food, I buy a tank top from my friend's band to make him feel better about low sales. From my money spending tweets, which dropped off after a few drinks and had to be estimated from there, I see I spent about $40, even with my boyfriend buying a few rounds. This is a three-day festival. $40 a day isn't sustainable, especially since I'm taking a week and a half off work because my mom is coming here Tuesday. Another vacation I don't deserve.
So today, I will make a plan. I will count the money in my wallet before I go. I give myself $30. We'll see how it goes.
2 comments:
You make me laugh, silly girl. Good luck with the rest of the festival.
Post a Comment