We had the wedding of a friend this weekend, in a town in Oregon six hours from Seattle. That means gas, that means hotels and a cheap fast food. I had thought this would be on next week's paycheck, so it took my $150 payment of the loan from my boyfriend.
My bank says I have a balance of $1027, but an available balance of $647. I did not spend $380, but I did spend $280. That's a lot.
Firstly, we realized we were going to be driving through Portland anyway, so we might as well party in Portland, a town known for its food trucks and fun times. We drank, played video games, and had one drink next to a stripper eating nachos. My boyfriend paid for most of our good times. In the morning we ate at this amazing joint named Sugar Mama's where we split a maple bacon cinnamon roll. In short, we had a good time, and I tried to stay on the cheaper side of things, but I wasn't as worried about it as maybe I should have been. I did, however, keep all my receipts.
My boyfriend had deposited $100 in my new bank for me, (long story), so I paid for the hotels and my boyfriend paid for gas so I would pay about $100 more than him and balance out.
Portland Hotel: $130
Small Oregon town hotel: $88+taxes, too lazy/hungover to go to front desk for receipt. Total to come.
Sugar Mama's breakfast: 20.75 (Bf gave me $11, so more like $10 for me.)
I forgot my shoes and had to pick up some cheapies at Payless: $24
On-the-road snackies: $1.99
Return on-the-road snackies: $4.18
McDonalds: $12.76 (Yes, I let myself have it about once a year.)
That doesn't quite add up to $280...maybe my hairdresser deposited her $40 check.
Things are a little up in the air. I switched banks and in the interim, I've been using checks more, which is not good because then you have the lull period. For example, I have $647 in my bank account, but my rent check still hasn't cleared, which is $638. Yipes.
1 comments:
I'm glad you had fun in Oregon. Love you, and looking forward to a porch talk when you are here if you can fit it in.
Post a Comment