A blog for those who are bad with money. A blog for those who have debt. A blog for those who find their bills crumbled on the floor of their cars with ketchup smeared on them.

Monthly Money Check In: September 2015


Yes, I skipped a few months. Feeling lazy? It was summer. I suck. I wanted to spend money with abandon and it seems I did. But I'm starting a business and I had a promising job interview. I think my tactic is going to be working 20 hours a week for pay that I can just live on, but nothing fancy.

It's hard because Zane and I have this shared credit card, and we just use it without really tracking how much it's up to. It got up to $3,700 last month! Insane. It's hard to be good when I like being bad so much. I think, maybe, I just want to be a person who makes a nice living so I can go out to dinner and travel. Is it bad to say I like that stuff? I think writers think they have to be poor, but let's say you have to work 20 hours a week. You could be a waitress or you could learn to code and make $75 an hour for those 20 hours.

I'm trying to get a job as an ad copywriter. It seems like an awesome place and I hope I get it. I told them $40-$50 an hour, which would be awesome.



 I'm still doing much better than when I started!

0 comments:

Post a Comment