A blog for those who are bad with money. A blog for those who have debt. A blog for those who find their bills crumbled on the floor of their cars with ketchup smeared on them.

Monthly Money Check-in: July 2013


Hi, it's the summer in Seattle, which means you shirk all responsibilities and play in the sun. So I'm going to do a quickie here. 

I look good this month. I got a nice commission. Then I bought a nice couch at a real adult furniture store, though it was in the ill-lit back room, on clearance because it was used in a model home. Still, it ended up costing us about $1,200, but then we sold the old couch for $200. (My boyfriend still owes me $500 from the deal. We just can't get the Chase transfer to work.)

And guess what...I like having nice stuff! I know that seems obvious, but I've never had nice stuff before. I've always been broke. Just at the movies the other night, I was realizing that this was the first time in my life I've had money. I like it! I want to stay here.

Also, sorry Dave Ramsey, but I'm buying a ticket to Thailand. Because...you know...I can, and you only live once, so fuck it. That will take about a grand off what I have below.

Here are the numbers:

I also might...miiiiight be on the verge of a huge deal at work. Pretty exciting!

1 comments:

Jeri said...

I like nice stuff, too. Isn't it a great feeling knowing that you can have nice things, enjoy them without stress, and still have money in the bank? Your financials are looking good, and an unexpected trip to Florida didn't leave your account empty! I'm proud of you, girl.

Post a Comment