A blog for those who are bad with money. A blog for those who have debt. A blog for those who find their bills crumbled on the floor of their cars with ketchup smeared on them.

Monthly Money Check-In: February '12


Man, it's been a good month. I splurged on my boyfriend's birthday. I'm wondering: Where do I budget in those things that cost a few hundred dollars? I'm going to start getting commissions at work, and I'm thinking that I'm going to take 10% of the commission for fun. Maybe that will be it. I want to buy Sasquatch tickets, and they are going to be about $300. How many little vacations does one person deserve?

I just tallied everything up and it's worse that I thought. Ok, this is because I know I have a big commission coming, enough to pay off my mom and boyfriend I think. But, I should not be counting my chickens before they hatch. I need to be paying things down little by little. That's how it's done.

Where is all my money going? It's clear that it's falling through my fingertips. The good news is that I started using Mint.com, which is great for seeing how much you're spending. And I started putting 15% of my paycheck in my 401(k). You can see the extra $700 in Edward Jones.


This chart is like my dunce cap. I'm almost back where I started. Boo!


1 comments:

Jeri said...

I think it's harder to save money when you are young. "Stuff" just doesn't mean so much as you get older. Remember, just because you have it doesn 't mean you have to spend it. Love you.

Post a Comment