A blog for those who are bad with money. A blog for those who have debt. A blog for those who find their bills crumbled on the floor of their cars with ketchup smeared on them.

Payback Time


Christmas is much more fun with money. Not that it should be about money. It should be about love and friendship, and sacrificing some of your money to show someone that you love them and that you appreciate his or her friendship can be a gratifying experience, especially on a chilly day in downtown Seattle, amid the hustle and bustle of holiday shoppers, finally feeling like you can be part of the tradition again. Yes, the tradition can be shallow, but if you keep the right spirit of it, it can feel right. 

What a fun feeling, spoiling your loved ones. And also saying: Thanks for hanging in there, through all the times that I had nothing to give. Both my best friends got boxes of Pocky sticks for their birthdays. My best, best friends, for 19 years, Pocky sticks: $2.99. No big deal, I know they don't care. They are there all the same in the hard times, but it's nice to bring them along during your good times, too. To say, when I can, I will celebrate our friendship and love you by spoiling you, the way we all love to be spoiled. 

1 comments:

Jeri said...

Even Pocky sticks send a message of "I care", after all, it truly is the thought that counts. I'm glad you felt better about this Christmas though, because that counts, too.

Post a Comment