A blog for those who are bad with money. A blog for those who have debt. A blog for those who find their bills crumbled on the floor of their cars with ketchup smeared on them.

I'm back


Forgive me reader, for I have sinned. I fell off the bandwagon. I did not report in my spending via Twitter. (Though I really meant to, I swear it.)

The weekend started off with excuses. My boyfriend had to go out of town on a family emergency, so we decided to go to dinner. Let's go somewhere nice, I said, and split it. I spent $36 on dinner just for me. The next day I ran errands, which means I went down the street sprinkling money into various establishments. I stopped in to say hi to my bartender friend, which means I drank a beer. I went to a free show and ended up spending $30 on wine and cheese. I went to a friend's art show and told her I wanted that one and that one and that one, total $75. 

So I made myself waitress tonight, when my old boss called and asked if I wanted to pick up a shift. My penitence. But then I got a sandwich. My friend came in and got two glasses of wine and I brought her some olives. I didn't add it up. I don't know if I made or lost money working tonight.

I talked to my old friend and he asked me how much I'm making at my new job. I told him because we have that kind of friendship, plus I've already written it on the internet. He was pretty amazed. We made $26,000 a year together not too long ago. I say yeah, I know, crazy. I said I've got to save up for grad school or something. He said: No, you won't. You're just not... the savey type.

1 comments:

Jeri said...

But you can be!

Post a Comment